BJ'S BLOG 04/03/13 "Dangerous Reality Shows"
Yesterday on the show, we talked about a reality show star who passed away.
21-year-old Shain Gandee from the show MTV show “Buckwild” passed away over the weekend along with his uncle and friend due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
While out “mudding” or off-roading, their truck stalled out in mud. The truck's exhaust pipe had apparently been submerged in mud, causing the gas to leak back into the car.
Some describe the TV series as having a "Jackass” feel because it shows them doing activities such as mud racing, squirrel hunting and rope swinging.
It’s surprising that if the people on reality shows really live the life they portray on TV that more of them have not gotten seriously injured or have even passed away.
The very lifestyle on these reality shows that people are getting entertained by is dangerous. In fact, I’m surprised we haven’t seen more accidents or injuries.
How many dangerous activities have we seen happen “Jersey Shore”? They are constantly drinking to unhealthy levels, one of them got punched in the face by a stranger in a bar, and most of them have been in trouble with the law!
How long can big biz keep making shows and glorifying this kind of behavior and not be punished when something tragic happens?