Yesterday during the Lukewarm Topic, we read a list that was complied during a discussion on the website Reddit.com about “the subtle relationship red flags that people always overlook”
Here are some of the top Red Flags:
1. The other person uses ultimatums to get their way instead of compromising.
2. They don't want you to be friends with their friends.
3. Your friends and family HATE them.
4. They put you on a pedestal. It's great at first, but it means they're not seeing the REAL you, just an idealized version . . . so the only place to go is down.
5. When you start to have more bad days together than good days.
6. They always have generic or bad excuses for why they don't call, or text, or come by when you're expecting.
7. They talk about how all of their exes are crazy. If someone thinks everyone ELSE is crazy, THEY might be the crazy one.
Here is what I think, don’t ignore any deep down feelings that could be a warning sign of a bad situation. Also do whatever it takes to have good self esteem. If a person has great self esteem, they will get to the point where they don’t need anyone; the people in your life will then be additions, not necessities.
Some people are lazy and don’t want to change things in their lives even if it makes them unhappy like staying with a person that is not right for them instead of moving out and getting into a better situation. Never compromise your beliefs just to stay in a relationship with someone who makes you miserable…life is too short for that.
I think you need to change these answers based on age, What age group are we talking about because we know that most relationships under the age of 18 usually only last a few months if that. 18-25, maybe a year. 25- is probably where most of these red flags come into play.
I disagree, the age of the persons involved doesn't make those red flags any less viable. Just because statistically the relationship is doomed doesn't mean the red flags won't be there....I just think they are less sophisticated in nature but can still be looped into one of the categories.
Heres another Flag
If someone says " I love you" more than ten times a day, there might be something wrong, they are trying to convince someone, ether them or you.
@ Red Flags
Do you remember being under the age of 18, most don't have any exes to compare to and these relationships are brand new to them. A lot of kids are just learning the steps, most don't care about anything other than their own happiness. They go to school where they all know each others friends, and if something happens then everyone knows about it within hours cause nobody know's how to keep secrets. Or here's one , a girl sits there and asks, "What are you thinking about" and if he doesn't answer she thinks he doesn't love her or she's done something wrong. Maybe he's just sitting there thinking about how to get through the next stage of Halo.