BJ'S BLOG 08/02/13 "Red Flags"
Yesterday during the Lukewarm Topic, we read a list that was complied during a discussion on the website Reddit.com about “the subtle relationship red flags that people always overlook”
Here are some of the top Red Flags:
1. The other person uses ultimatums to get their way instead of compromising.
2. They don't want you to be friends with their friends.
3. Your friends and family HATE them.
4. They put you on a pedestal. It's great at first, but it means they're not seeing the REAL you, just an idealized version . . . so the only place to go is down.
5. When you start to have more bad days together than good days.
6. They always have generic or bad excuses for why they don't call, or text, or come by when you're expecting.
7. They talk about how all of their exes are crazy. If someone thinks everyone ELSE is crazy, THEY might be the crazy one.
Here is what I think, don’t ignore any deep down feelings that could be a warning sign of a bad situation. Also do whatever it takes to have good self esteem. If a person has great self esteem, they will get to the point where they don’t need anyone; the people in your life will then be additions, not necessities.
Some people are lazy and don’t want to change things in their lives even if it makes them unhappy like staying with a person that is not right for them instead of moving out and getting into a better situation. Never compromise your beliefs just to stay in a relationship with someone who makes you miserable…life is too short for that.