Text the word KISW to 77999 to sign up for the Rockaholic Text Club concert, event and info alerts click here. You'll rec up to 3 msg a week.Msg & Data Rates MayApply, Text STOP KISW to cancel, terms & conditions apply.
Today was a rough morning…we learned that a friend of the show, Captain Phil Harris from the Cornelia Marie (from The Deadliest Catch) passed away. He was 53. He suffered a heart attack at the end of January, they had to put him in a medically induced coma…and just a couple days ago he came through, and things were looking better…and then things took a horrible turn yesterday. Ugh. This really sucks.
Phil’s kids Jake & Josh released a statement:
"It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad — Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end, For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down."
Discovery Channel Senior Vice President Elizabeth Hillman released a statement:
"Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him. We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart.”
Back in 2007 Phil & Johnathan Hillstrand came in studio to hang out…turns out they were fans of our show…it was funny, Phil was late to the interview, showed up with a toothbrush in his back pocket, and looked like he had a late night…he truly was a great dude. Like I said on air…if you are out drinking over the next few days, raise a drink in Phils honor…he will be missed.
Big thanks to Luis Guzman for joining us…I love Luis as one of the cooks in Waiting, and it was because of Luis’ character that we have the term “Meat Gazer.” Luis has a new HBO show that he stars in called “How To Make It In America.” Here is the trailer for the show:
Luis lives in Vermont…the home of Ben & Jerry’s!!! I asked him what his fave flavor is…he said the one with chocolate & peanut butter in it. I’m all about the Chubby Hubby…chocolate, peanut butter, and the all important PRETZELS!!!! I also asked him if he eats Gravy Fries…that is huge in Vermont (I went to college in Plattsburgh NY, which is a 15 minute ferry ride away from Vermont)…my buds and I used to go to Nectar’s all the time & eat gravy fries…so damn good…yes, fries with turkey gravy on top…it’s so good that the band Phish named one of their CD’s after that place – “Nectar.”
This morning we talked to Mike from Lynnhood…who was fired for sexual harassment in his workplace…this led to BJ talking about a CNN story that we came across:
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR "INAPPROPRIATE TOUCHING" IN THE OFFICE
Amy Epstein Feldman works for a consulting firm called the Judge Group. She says different people have different levels of tolerance for physical contact, so you have to be extra careful when TOUCHING your co-workers.
1. According to Amy, the general rule is that you should NEVER touch a co-worker until you know them. That includes friendly stuff like giving them a high-five or patting them on the back. It's just not a good idea.
2. Don't greet with a hug or a kiss. That's how you greet your friends and family members, not your co-workers.
3. Even a two-handed handshake can come across as kind of lecherous if you're looking into someone's eyes, and you're their superior.
4. Never poke, grab or touch a co-worker in any other way that could be considered physically aggressive. In fact, just don't poke or grab your co-workers at all.
5. Never shake hands in the bathroom until after you've washed them. And never cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and then use it to shake someone's hand.
6. And this one's really important, so I'll say it again: Never touch a co-worker's privates. That includes slapping your same-sex co-worker on the backside. It's just not cool. (CNN)
Thanks to Todd Pietszch from BECU for coming in...Todd is KISW's Financial advisor & we plan on having him on every month to help the Rock-A-Holics out with their financial issues during these tough economic times. We created a page for Todd on our site...click here to check it out: