FOO FIGHTERS: Now This Is an Ice Bucket Challenge Video!
Well, it looks like Foo Fighters have made an ice bucket challenge video that tops all others.
After a serious intro from frontman Dave Grohl challenging Jack Black, John Travoltaand Stephen King, the video turns into a parody of the 1976 film Carrie that starred Travolta and was based on the book by King. It's worth three minutes of your day to watch it now on YouTube.
Last month, “WEIRD AL” YANKOVIC scored his first ever #1 album. It wasn’t shocking that he’d never had one before, but it was a big deal that he got one now, after 30-plus years in the business. And last week, TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS landed their first #1 album in 37 years. That career-long drought was a little more surprising. Now, Billboard.com has put together a list of “10 Surprising Artists Without a #1 Album.” Check out the full piece here. http://bit.ly/1oEcStg
1. David Bowie. He’s had seven Top 10 albums, and four in the Top Five, but none that have topped the Billboard 200.
2. Marvin Gaye. His 1973 album, “Let’s Get It On”, reached #2.
3. The Who. They’ve had ten Top 10 albums, and they’ve hit #2 twice: With 1973′s “Quadrophenia” and 1978′s “Who Are You”.
4. Cher. She hit #3 with her most recent album, “Closer to the Truth”, and got up to #2 with “Look At Us”, the album she put out with Sonny Bono in 1965.
5. Sting. He’s had ten Top 10 albums as a solo artist, with three of them hitting Number Two. But he DID have a #1 album with The Police. “Synchronicity” spent 17 weeks at #1.
6. Aretha Franklin. She’s made it to #2 twice . . . with “I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You” in 1967 and “Aretha: Lady Soul” in 1968.
7. Willie Nelson. His 1982 album “Always on my Mind” spent four weeks at #2, but couldn’t reach #1.
8. Tina Turner. Her 1984 album “Private Dancer” spent 11 weeks stuck at #3 behind Prince and the Revolution’s “Purple Rain” at #1 and Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the U.S.A.” at #2. And “All the Best” in 2005 hit #2.
9. Dr. Dre. “The Chronic” spent six weeks at #3 in 1993, and his album, “2001″ spent three weeks at #2.
10. KISS. They don’t have a #1 . . . but they’re the American band with the most top 40 albums, with 26. They got closest to #1 with 2009′s “Sonic Boom”, which debuted and peaked at #2.
10. “SUMMER” BY CALVIN HARRIS
9. “CHANDELIER” BY SIA
8. “ALL OF ME” BY JOHN LEGEND
7. “LATCH” DISCLOSURE FEATURING SAM SMITH
6. “MAPS” MAROON 5
5. “PROBLEM” ARIANA GRANDE FEAT IGGY AZALEA
4. “AM I WRONG” BY Norweigan pop duo NICO & VINZ
3. “STAY WITH ME” BY BRITISH SINGER SAM SMITH
2. “FANCY” BY IGGY AZALEA FEAT CHARLI XCX
1. “RUDE” BY THE CANADIAN POP/REGGAE QUARTET MAGIC!
There it is Rockaholics, I would like to take this moment to apologize to you. For the pop music blast.
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH: New Clip Promotes Helping Video
Five Finger Death Punch are using their new video to promote helping veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder.
The video for "Wrong Side of Heaven," which is now on YouTube, contains info on how vets can get help from various organizations. The band has also launched a new website,5FDP4Vets.com, which features that info and more for vets.
Also on the site is info on the band's plan to have fans to send in their fallen loved ones’ dog tags for a memorial wall. The memorial will travel with Five Finger Death Punch on their fall tour and serve as the backdrop of the show. After the tour, the band will find a permanent home for the memorial in a museum.
Sit N Spin 11 songs you WON’T HEAR FOR DUDE IT’S THE 80’S DAY ON FRIDAY!
We are stoked for Dude It’s The 80’s Day on Friday! Dig the link for what to expect and a rad playlist of what you’ll be hearing! (Which will sound NOTHING like today’s Sit N Spin!) http://bit.ly/1sdFyKu
Now for today’s Sit N Spin! Horrible songs you WON’T BE HEARING FRIDAY!!
Sit N Spin playlist to torture those you love with heh! http://bit.ly/1mkfN5t
Posted: Thursday 02:19PM Jul. 31, 2014 PT
Rob Zombie is looking to fans to help fund his next film 31.
Zombie launched the two month campaign on Thursday at rz-31.com. He's offering up such rewards as autographed posters, a chance for Zombie to follow a winner on Twitter, a winner's name in the credits and a lifetime laminate to see him, on tour, at any show.
The director-singer was wary of doing a fan backed campaign at first. He tells Rolling Stone, "People have come up to me over the years and asked, 'How can I get these props?' 'How can I come to the set?' So I realized a crowdfunding campaign is not a guy on a street corner with a hat asking for money."
Zombie also started work on a new album. He says, "I got off tour a few days ago, and right now I'm already working on the new album, which we'll have finished this year. I want to have it done before the movie starts. I don't want to come back to the record after the movie. It's too long of a break. We have a ton of stuff written and, little by little, we're finishing them up. We're more than half done at this point."
Great news Rockaholics!! Soundgarden will perform prior to Seattle Seahawks regular season opener vs Green Bay Packers on Thursday, Sept. 4 at CenturyLink Field.
Odds are you were already ecstatic about the Seattle Seahawks' 2014 regular season opener against the Green Bay Packers.
Pharrell Williams will perform live outside Seattle's CenturyLink Field on Thursday, Sept. 4 to help kick off the NFL's 95th season. The celebration marks the 10th ceremony honoring the defending Super Bowl champions with the League's opening game in their stadium on primetime.
Doors to CenturyLink Field's North Plaza open at 2:30 p.m. PT with the performance to take place prior to the matchup between the Seahawks and Packers. The Emerald City's own Grammy Award-winning rock band Soundgarden are set to kick off the free event with simulcast coverage of the 60-minute pregame show airing from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. PT on NBC and NFL Network.
We’re obviously over the moon about Soundgarden!! Are you? Here’s more details! Keep it locked to The Rock for even more! http://bit.ly/1xVlcW4