Text the word KISW to 77999 to sign up for the Rockaholic Text Club concert, event and info alerts click here. You'll rec up to 3 msg a week.Msg & Data Rates MayApply, Text STOP KISW to cancel, terms & conditions apply.
Sad day today as a listener of the show…a bud of the show…Gessner Brown has passed away. His lady emailed us to say that he died a few days back, losing his battle with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 33. Ugh. If you can afford to…go to www.cff.org & donate….we have adopted The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as our shows Charity of choice over the years, doing poker tournaments to help raise money for CF. RIP buddy.
So Four Loko might be done as of today. The Washington State Liquor Control Board is voting today on whether or not to ban the drink in Washington.
Speaking of which...Did you hear about this dip-sheez of a bar owner in New York’s lower east side that was planning on having a Four Loko night…he was going to charge $15 for unlimited amounts of Four Loko with Hennessey cognac. What the hel, that is a disaster waiting to happen. Well, the LCB agreed & told him that he can’t do it. His response to what the Liquor Control Board said was so insanely stupid….
"Now I gotta figure out how to give people enough Four Loko so they can get their blackout. People like to black out."
Now if you are like me, and wondered “What kind of idiot would say this?”…check this pic out…only an idiot that rocks a Oscar the Grouch mug-shot t-shirt would say something like that:
This morning we talked about a story out of MSN where they share 6 tips on how to live like a billionaire…apparently some billionaires don’t waste their money on strippers & blow (I know, shocking!), and they actually save their cash by doing things that all of us can do:
1. Keep your home simple. Billionaires can afford to live in the most exclusive mansions imaginable -- such as Bill Gates' sprawling 66,000 square foot, $147.5 million mansion in Medina, Wash. -- yet frugal billionaires like Warren Buffett choose to keep it simple. Buffett lives in the five-bedroom house in Omaha, Neb., that he purchased in 1957 for $31,500.
2. Use self-powered or public transportation. Thrifty billionaires including John Caudwell, David Cheriton
3. Buy your clothes off the rack. While some people, regardless of their net worth, place a huge emphasis on wearing designer clothes and shoes, some frugal billionaires decide it's simply not worth the effort or expense.
4. Keep your scissors sharp. The average haircut costs about $45, but people can and do spend up to $800 per cut and style. Multiply that by 8.6 (to account for a cut every six weeks) and it adds up to $7,200 per year, not including tips. Billionaires like Caudwell and Cheriton cut their own hair at home.
5. Drive a regular car. While billionaires like Larry Ellison (co-founder and CEO of Oracle) enjoy spending millions on cars, boats and planes, others remain low key with their vehicles of choice. Jim Walton (of Wal-Mart) drives a 15-year-old pickup truck.
6. Skip luxury items. It may surprise some of us, but the world's wealthiest person, Slim -- the one who could spend more than a thousand dollars a minute and not run out of money for 100 years -- does not own a yacht or a plane. Many other billionaires have chosen to skip these luxury items. Buffett also avoids these lavish material items, stating "Most toys are just a pain in the neck."
Last week, a juror in a Connecticut murder trial was chastised by the judge for passing a note to the court marshal asking him for a date. After being alerted to the note, the judge told the juror he was a "'romantic at heart," but not in the courtroom, and said sending the note was a, "dumb thing to do." Based on this story we came across a list on The Frisky about 10 dumb places to play a game of "pick-up”:
1. A hospital waiting room
2. The gym
3. A funeral
4. A job interview
5. In the underwear section of a department store
6. In line for the bathroom
7. Your therapy appointment
8. A parent-teacher conference
9. On a date with someone else
10. At work
Based on this…we asked the H-Holes…What's the craziest place that you have have been “hit on” or you “hit on” someone?
Rusty – Was hit on Best friends father’s funeral
Patrick -- As a paramedic I got hit on by a hot ass nurse while doing CPR. Grany didnt make it, but I did!!!!!
Rick – Was hit on at his own wedding reception.
Dianna – Hit on at a couples counseling class.
Brenda – While her friend working at a hospital helping a woman give birth, the father hit on her.
Alex – she was hit on by a male nurse at the gynecologist office
John – Hit on by a cop when he got pulled over
Tiffany & Brooke – while driving on the Freeway
Jesseh -- On an airplane. Stuck next to some guy with bad breath, kept putting his Hand on her thigh and breathing in herear. “Ugh trapped for the 4 longest hours of my life!”
Kevin -- During Physical Therapy after knee surgery, the gal who was massaging the knee kept rubbing her breasts against his leg during a session.
Today’s Video Blog features Vicky B trying to get the blinds in the studio lowered!