Yesterday I saw something that led to me sending this Tweet out:
There was a woman in the Renton area pushing her kid around (by a busy street) and had her eyes looking straight at her cell…texting away. So of course I marveled at how she is putting her kid at risk via twitter…I pulled my phone out as I drove by and fired off that Tweet. I’m kidding, I waited until I got home to send that out…settle down kids!
Last night Soundgarden played a sold out show at The Paramount…I heard it was AWESOME! Check out a couple of Iron Mike’s photos:
I’m going tonight! I can’t wait!
CareerBuilder.com just released the results of their annual survey on the craziest excuse they heard or gave for being late to work in the past year. Here are the eight best . . .
8. One woman dropped her purse in a newspaper dispenser box, and couldn't get it out without putting in change . . . but all her change was in the purse.
7. A guy left his apartment with his roommate's girlfriend's shoes on, and had to go back to change.
6. A guy tried to cut his own hair before work, but his clippers broke halfway . . . so he needed to wait for a barber shop to open to get his haircut fixed.
5. A woman was late because the forecast called for rain, and she needed to put a raincoat on a CEMENT DUCK statue in her front yard.
4. One woman drove to her OLD JOB by mistake.
3. One guy's car wouldn't start, because his court-ordered breathalyzer showed he was drunk.
2. A guy was late because his car was ATTACKED BY A BEAR on the way to work . . . and he had photographic evidence to prove it.
1. And finally, one person was late because they stopped to DELIVER A STRANGER'S BABY on the side of the highway.
So based on these stories, we asked for the Rock-A-Holics stories on the crazy reasons why they were late to something….Here are the texts we got:
I worked with a guy who called in, and his excuse was that he had a eye appointment and he didn't SEE himself coming in to work
A enploye sent me a text to tell me there was a couger on his hood it came with video
downstairs neighbor came in to my apartment and stole my alarm clock.....year later seen her in a bar and she admitted it.wasn't the first time i woke her up with my alarm...
My ex-wife once had an employee attempt to call in sad to work. Not sick, sad.
I once called into work and said I wouldn't make it in because I had a case of Scabies, but really I was tripping on mushrooms. -Ho-Tep, Marysville, WA
15 minutes late for my wedding photo shoot because I stopped on the way to buy the latest volume of Walking Dead and a Magic intro deck from a nearby com
Ok the best reson I have ever given for being late was my gf hand cuffed me to my bed and kept me 2 hours her dad was my boss so it really was hard to tell him why I was late... Richard in Milton