Text the word KISW to 77999 to sign up for the Rockaholic Text Club concert, event and info alerts click here. You'll rec up to 3 msg a week.Msg & Data Rates MayApply, Text STOP KISW to cancel, terms & conditions apply.
STP's BLOG 02/13/13 "Rock Girls and an Angry Goalie"
by STP,posted Feb 13 2013 8:10AM
This morning we were talking about what we learned about Rock Girl hopeful, Sara B…I love her short answers…if you read them without reading the questions it sounds just wrong!
Came across this video where a High School goalie was playing in the senior game for his team… apparently he lost his starting job this season to a sophomore….there is probably more to this story, but he decided to go out in a “blaze of Glory” and put a goal in his own net…and leave the game, flipping off his coaches. I guess his team wound up losing the game by one goal. Ouch! Check it out:
You think his teammates hate him for this? You think he hates his coaches? He is not the only person that is surrounded by hate. The folks at Cracked.com just put together a list of five ways you're accidentally making people hate you.
1. You stay quiet when you should say something. If you let a text, an email, or a Facebook post go by without responding . . . even when no response is required . . . you might be offending someone. People just don't like to be ignored. When they don't get a reaction, it's like you're telling them they don't matter.
2. You accidentally remind people how you're better than them. Like when you tell a funny story about a drunken hookup . . . to a single parent who hasn't been on a date in years. It doesn't matter that you didn't mean it that way. They'll still resent you.
3. You don't realize you owe someone. This one might not be your fault. Sometimes people THINK they've done a lot more for you than they really have. But they'll still be angry when you don't repay the favors. You hear this one a lot after a relationship ends. Both people think they did more for their ex than their ex ever did for them.
4. You waste people's time. This one's tough too, because when someone's too busy to help you with something, they might not TELL you . . . since they don't want to SOUND like they're more important than you. But at the same time, they feel helpless because you're piling on more work for them.
5. You don't realize you have an unfair advantage. It happens in everyday situations all the time. Like when a guy can't understand why leaving the toilet seat up is a big deal . . . because he's never the one that falls in. The worst thing about all this stuff is you never know what you did to make someone mad. One way to avoid it is to bend over backwards, and be overly sensitive to everyone . . . but that's only going to make YOU mad.
So we had to ask the Rock-A-Holics to finish this sentence: “People hate me because I did _____”. Here are the texts we got:
I make small children cry when I destroy them at Call of Duty.
I had my boss hate me soooo much that he tried getting me fired. The owner wouldn't fire me so he quit
My ex hates me because she found out i did her sister at my bachelor party.
Iv slept with and dated my last 2 best friends girlfriends
Have sex with my boss wife and still was working in the same place years ago
I like yelling bingo in a bingo hall when I don't have bingo
People hate me because I have a girlfriend who hooks me up with threesomes
I'm hated for not accepting a friend girlfriends "friend request" on facebook
This morning we had an in studio sit-in named Ryan…who works over at Greg’s Japanese Auto – they are having a charity event…here is the info he shared with us:
On January 16th Dave Jarman, our friend co-worker and a part of the Greg's Family passed away suddenly from a heart attack.
Dave's family and friends are holding an event on Sunday, February 17th at the Hard Rock Cafe (116 Pike Street, Seattle Wa 98101) from 6-10
There will be a silent auction, a light buffet will be provided by the Hard Rock and a Rock & Roll Raffle hosted by the lovely Miss Tadia Schroeder.
Entertainment will be provided by the Disco Cowboys and the recently re-christened GUNN. A $5 donation at the door is optional. This event is open to the public so invite your friends and family.
Greg's Japanese Auto also has emergency roadside kits available for $25.00 and all proceeds from these kits will go to the Jarman family. You can get your kit any Greg's Japanese Auto location so please visit www.gregs.com for a location nearest you!
In the new issue of "GQ", BRUCE WILLIS shares the best piece of advice he ever heard: JUST SHUT UP. He says, "I recently heard one of my fellow actors say it in three words: 'Just shut up. Maybe it's being older; maybe that's just a tiny tag of wisdom that you've got to think about something before you say something. I once thought that somehow, with this job, also comes the inherent right to say whatever the [eff] I want regardless of whether I'm right or wrong or think that anybody needs to hear it or should hear it."
That is Bruce’s best advice…but what about you? What is the best or what is the worst advice you have ever received? Here are the texts we received:
The best advice I ever heard was listen to Steve the producer and not Bj Steve is wise when it comes to the simple life. Cody in e town.
The only real advice i remember my mom giving me was; if you're gonna pick your nose in traffic, make sure you don't know anyone around you, and never trust a fart.
Best.The books u read and the people u associate determines where u will be in 5 years.
When uve had enough of banging ur head against a wall, take someone else's advise.-mindy
I lernd this from a cartoon. I am what I am and thats all I am.
Best advice I ever got was, "dude, you gotta listen to BJ Shea in the morning. F***ing hilarious." -signed Pitbull
Best advice: don't fall in love with the first girl you sleep with. From my dad.
U cant learn anything while ur talking
The best advice I've ever had is a classic. Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth.... stefan from Tacoma
Today's Video Blog is an Intern Challege! Our intern has 60 seconds to find a random person to give him chocolate in honor of Valentine’s Day…do you think he can do it?