Jimmy Kimmel is one funny dude, and this week he had a bit on his show that is so funny, and so very true. He targeted the hipsters that go to Coachella...
Coupons.com compiled a list of penny-pinching celebrities…From stars who clip coupons to those who bargain buy, here are some of the celebrities who know how to stretch a dollar.
1. Kristen Bell uses coupons while she grocery shops.
2. Jay Leno doesn't spend any of the money he earns from "The Tonight Show." He only spends money from comedy routines. Jay say’s, quote, "When I was a kid, I had two jobs,I worked at a Ford dealership and at a McDonald’s. I’d spend the money from one job and save the money from the other. That’s still the way I am now. I live on the money I make as a comedian, and I put all the TV money in the bank. I’ve never spent a dime of TV money—ever."
3. Singer Carrie Underwood clips coupons for weekly shopping.
4. "Mad Men" star Vincent Kartheiser lives in a one-bedroom Hollywood apartment and takes public transportation.
5. Sarah Jessica Parker's son James wears hand-me-downs. The "Sex and the City" star told told Parade Magazine she refuses to spoil her son remembering she grew up with a family of eight on welfare.
6. Megastar Lady Gaga has also told her fans she uses coupons while shopping for groceries.
Based on this list the most frugal celebrities…what makes you frugal? Or do you know someone that is frugal and it drives you nuts? Here are the texts we got:
I make $60,000 a year and I shop the dollar tree all the time. Sometimes I'll stop by the food bank on my day off.
Haven't bought a gallon of gas in 5 years. No insurance and no car :payment either. Seattle is good that for busses and I cab it when I need it. Stressless! :+)
I go barefoot everywhere, and only wear flipflops when shoes are necessary. so, i save money on shoes.
I used to drive my friend to crystal mountain every weekend in the winter and he would break down how much he owed me in gas to the penny.
My kid plays hockey....I skimp on clothes and drive a piece of crap , so I can pay for my kids 800.00 skates and 200.00 skates and lessons at 80.00 an hour
Craigslist free section. Almost got the whole yard done up w/ free stuff from Craigslist.
My grandmother washes and reused the styrofoam meat trays instead of paper plates. My mother in law rinses dries and reuses paper towels. Both annoying and impressive
Today's video blog features us being amazed by a guy that drinks a whole bottle of Patron in less than 30 seconds.