Has it really already been a year since we took over as hosts of Metal Shop? It still feels like yesterday when we were throwing together our audition tape, trying out on air and receiving that live phone call from Steve and Kevin, announcing the show was ours.
I couldn't believe the news. After screaming my face off for a good minute or so, I ran out of my apartment screamed "F_ _ _ YEAH!" as loud as I could. What an epic feeling. But it didn't end there.
Over the past year, we've had trunk loads of ridiculously good times. Special thanks to all the awesomely brutal local bands for making it up to the studio: No Living Witness, Bloodhunger, Owen Hart, Lenore, Sanctuary and The Accused!
Because there are so many awesome memories from the past year, I've decided to throw together a top five personal moments.
5. Interviewing and meeting Danzig: We had the chance to set up a meet and greet with the one and only Glenn Danzig when he came to town a few months back for the Blackest Of The Black Tour. I'm a huge Misfits/Samhain dork, so meeting Glenn was a bit of a teenage dream come true for me.
4. Interviewing Vinnie Paul: When Hellyeah played the sold out KISW Holiday Hangover Ball this year, Ian and I had the chance to sit down with the badass himself, Mr. Vinnie Paul. We talked Pantera, Hellyeah, Damageplan and life in general. Awesome, awesome dude.
3. Interviewing Dave Mustaine: I went into this interview thinking we would bomb it. I know, I know, that's not the right kind of attitude to go into an interview with. You gotta assert yourself, be confident, etc. But being as it was our first "big" interview, I was nervous as hell. Dave immediately made us feel right at home, answering all our questions and even laughing a little. But just a little.
2. Introducing Megadeth and Slayer: Standing in front of a rabid Slayer audience and yelling SLAYER while throwing up the horns has to go down as one of the coolest things I've ever had the chance to do.
1. Winning Metal Shop: Nuff said.
Thank you to all the Metal Shop loyals who stuck with the show as it went through this transition. We can only promise to bring you much more brutality in the weeks to come!