How busy was I Friday? Lets put on the running shoes and go down the list of 7 hours of non-stop leg action to start my day off! My hotel internet officially didn't work and even at the Hilton, right next to NAMM I heard it wasn't working cause too many folks were using it at the same time! At least the NAMM Press Room had internet, but having the time to actually sit was impossible to not miss any coverage.
- Lots of booths visited today! My main focused company was Bullet Cables. A new amazing product of expert sound disguised as cool stuff! Top quality guitar cables in cool colors & designs with cool endings like skulls, pistols, coffins, syringes etc.! See pics below or visit http://www.bulletcable.com/bullet-cable-shop Proud to say their new 2011 product catalog cover features one of my concert shots highlighting their product! First time in company history they've featured an artist on their cover with Clare B. of Anti-Product! See cover below in photo gallery.
- Gene Simmons and Scott Ian both canceled their scheduled signings today. HUGE disappointment!
- King's X played 2 concerts in the Ampeg/Mackie stage room. Is there any better bass sound live than Dug Pinnick with Ampeg? Think not! Still one of the greatest rock bands on planet earth!
- Huge Ampeg autograph session with Black Sabbath's Geezer Butler, Kings-X Dug Pinnick and Pantera's Rex Brown! Little chaotic mainly caused but some so-called press with their little pocket cameras taking advantage of being right there wanting pics of Geezer with their mags etc. I put a stop to that real quick. Paparazzi pieces of...
- Finally met world-famous rock photographer Robert Knight in person. Great guy and was an a honor to hang and meet up with his next prodigy's he's managing especially the 18-year old music guitar prodigy Josh Gooch!
- Our own Mike Inez (Alice in Chains) and Michael Wilton (Queensryche) had a big dual autograph session at the Dean Markley strings booth! Hilarious Chris Jerico (WWE/Fozzy) showed up during the session!
- Spent some time at the David Ellefson/Chris Broderick (Megadeth) autograph signing. Afterwards met with some Jackson Guitar reps with Ellefson in getting some more ad work with my live shots he wants to use more of.
- Attended the 2nd annual Dean Guitars NAMM JAMM at The Grove. Megadeth, HellYeah, Michael Schenker & Leslie West! Also Coffin Case Girls Fashion Show. Amazing show and want to thank David Ellefson (Megadeth) & Wayne Findlay (MSG) for setting me up with show laminates and photo passes. This was a private event that Dean handed out 3000 show laminates, the place holds 1700 so imagine the line during the show!! When I left early during the end of Megadeth's set there was 500+ waiting outside still being let in one at a time when people left.
My feet and legs were killing me! Even with killer running shoes on. Saturday might be the real killer with a full day of NAMM coverage with Halestorm, Mike Inez and Duff McKagan along with private Cheap Trick concert to attend!
[gallery link="file" orderby="rand"]