Remember that classic Megadeth song "Wake Up Dead"? I knew that's how I'd feel with the couple hours of sleep I knew I only had coming back to the hotel at 1am Saturday morning from the Megadeth show. With no Internet working I was ready to hit the sack as soon as I opened the door and out comes a gal from the next room over "Hi!" I'm like "Hi, goodnight" and close the door....for the next hours I got to listen to her get banged by visitor after visitor until I basically passed out from exhaustion of the previous day. Ha! Today's agenda mainly had the names Mike Inez, Arejay Hale & Halestorm, Steve "The Mad Drummer" Moore, Duff McKagan, and some band (you might of heard them ha ha) Cheap Trick!
- Got to hang with Halestorm for a couple hours as we visited sponsor booths of theirs like Gibson guitars. Arejay had a couple signings at the Ludwig booth so I covered those sessions and we ended up doing a shot we think might be a Ludwig ad on the big drum display they had.
- Covered Duff McKagan at his signing at the RotoSound booth. Tons of people/fans showed up.
- Saw my buddies Randy Cooper and John Exall from Texas Hippie Coalition at their GHS Strings booth signing.
- Ran into Mark "The Animal" Mendoza of Twisted Sister..awesome!!
- How often ya see Kerry King of Slayer doing a signing with a full marching dance band in front of him..HA HA! (see photos)
- Check out the Neon guitar/Bass strings from DR Strings. Very cool to see in person! Loved these every time I walked by them (see photos)
- Alice in Chains Mike Inez had a couple signings today including a stop at the Warwick instrument booth were I had my 5x5 canvas shot of him on display. Same shot was used for autograph signings too! )
- Cheap Trick at The Grove was awesome! Went as a fan, weaseled my way to the front and enjoyed my first Cheap Trick show! Got some guitar picks! Included some videos! They still got it!!!